Mission and Vision
DKI APCSS educates, connects, and empowers security practitioners to build partner capacity, shared understanding, and networks to enhance stability in the Indo-Asia-Pacific region.
A secure Indo-Asia-Pacific region characterized by effective and accountable security sector governance in accordance with internationally accepted norms.
- Transparency: Foster an environment that encourages open and honest communication and processes.
- Mutual Respect: Value perspectives that are different from our own.
- Inclusion: Seek to involve the broadest range of stakeholders and ideas.
In support of the U.S. Department of Defense, and as a mission partner of U.S. Pacific Command, DKI APCSS will cultivate and maintain security networks that reinforce the rules-based international order. To this end, we will:
- Implement our mission through executive education that is practitioner-centric, activity-based, and technology-enabled.
- Facilitate the free exchange of ideas among security professionals and strengthen a conflict prevention framework.
- Address security comprehensively with a lens on traditional and non-traditional issues, opportunities, and challenges.
- Create inclusive, shared learning experiences through well-crafted programs and expert facilitation.
- Value knowledge, networks, and leadership tools as cooperation enablers.
- Build human capital as the means to produce policies and strategic plans for effective and accountable security sectors and institutions.
- Foster networks centered on our alumni as well as partnerships with educational institutions.
Our Distinct Value
DKI APCSS is recognized and respected for delivering practical outcomes that enhance security sector capacity and cooperation