A FOIA request for a copy of Defense Security Cooperation Agency (DSCA) records can be made by any individual, partnership, corporation, association, public or private organization other than another Federal agency. The request must be in writing and can be made electronically, via facsimile at (571) 372-0500, or by mail to the following:
OSD/JS FOIA Requester Service Center
Office of Freedom of Information
1155 Defense Pentagon
Washington, DC 20301-1155
Your written FOIA request should also indicate a willingness to pay fees, (specify the amount you are willing to pay) or ask for a fee waiver. You may also send a written request under the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 USC 552a), for your records or their correction to the service center. For both FOIA and Privacy Act requests, you should include information that will assist the staff in identifying the records you are seeking.
For additional information on how to submit a request for DSCA documents or for other related guidance, you may visit https://open.defense.gov/Transparency/FOIA/FOIA-Handbook/,
Materials Required under 5 U.S.C. § 552
- 5 U.S.C. § 552(a)(2)(A): Records—Final opinions and orders made in the adjudication of cases that may be cited, used, or relied upon as precedents in future adjudications.
Defense Office of Hearings and Appeals
- 5 U.S.C. § 552(a)(2)(B): Records—Statements of policy and interpretations that have been adopted by the agency and are not published in the Federal Register.
Directive Type Memoranda
- 5 U.S.C. § 552(a)(2)(C): Records—Administrative staff manuals and instructions, or portions thereof, that establish DoD policy or interpretations of policy that affect the public.
- DoD Publications
- FOIA/PA Staff Materials
- 5 U.S.C. § 552(a)(2)(D): Records—Records released to the public, under the FOIA, that are or will likely become the subject of subsequent requests.
- Records Released under FOIA
- Freedom of Information Act Handbook
- Department of Defense FOIA Guidance
- Department of Defense Directive 5400.07
- Department of Defense Directive 5400.7R
Additional Information and Resources can be found at:
Over 6000 searchable documents which have been previously released through the OSD/JS FOIA Office (See Categories and Lists of Documents Here).
FOIA requesters, who have any questions concerning the processing of their requests within the Office of the Secretary of Defense or the Joint Staff, should contact this Service Center: