HONOLULU — Twelve Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies employees were recognized at the Honolulu-Pacific Federal Executive Board’s (FEB) 58th Annual Excellence in Federal Government Awards luncheon being held at the Hickam AFB Officer’s Club May 2.
The annual event honors employees from many government agencies in Hawaii for their outstanding efforts, dedication, and contribution to the workforce and community. Each employee was selected by his or organization.
According to APCSS HR Chief, Johnette Chun: “It is an honor for the Human Resources Department to be recognized for Team Excellence. Even while challenged with furloughs and hiring freezes, we continue to sustain our department’s vision to provide elite personnel services supporting our world class workforce.”
The APCSS awardees for 2013 are:
– Team Excellence: Human Resources Department — Ms. Johnette Chun; Ms. Linda Jimenez; Ms. Robin Wong; Mr. Larry Fryer; Sgt. Jared Ching, USMC; Cpl. Joshua Drummond, USMC; and, Ms. Laureen Kukino
– Federal Leader of the Year: Dr. Justin Nankivell (College of Security Studies)
– Federal Employee of the Year (Professional/Admin/Tech): Ms. Jo Gardiner (Strategy &Assessments)
– Federal Employee of the Year (Clerical/Assistant): Ms. Lily Ordonez (Travel Division)
– Exceptional Community Service: Mr. Richard Sears (Dean, Admission and Business Operations)
– Mentor of the Year: Mr. Thomas Patykula (Admission Department)
The Asia-Pacific Center for Security Studies is a Department of Defense institute that addresses regional and global security issues. Military and civilian representatives of the U.S. and Asia-Pacific nations participate in our comprehensive program of executive education, professional exchanges and outreach events, both in Hawaii and throughout the Asia-Pacific region. APCSS’ mission is to educate, connect, and empower security practitioners to advance Asia-Pacific security.